Students are considered to be in good academic standing if they maintain at least a 76% (“C”) pass mark for all courses during the program. Any student receiving a grade of less than 76% must repeat the course theory, earn at least a grade of 76%, and pass the clinical component. Students may repeat a failed course once.
• A student with two failures in the same course will be asked to withdraw from the program.
• A student may have only one course failure within a level to be able to progress in the program.
• A student who fails two unit exams will be seen by the instructor to discuss procedures to improve grades. There is a re-evaluation at mid-course. Tutorials will be offered for each course from 2 PM-4 PM at the request of the student.
For students to remain in the program, they must meet several conditions. They must:
• Maintain a Grade of C for all courses during the program
• Maintain a pass grade for all clinical courses during the program
• Successfully complete each course; having repeated any failed courses only once
• Adhere to all the school’s academic and general policies
• Demonstrate a pattern of safe clinical practices commensurate with their educational experience to date